Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Demons and Angels are Raging inside me

This was the moment i had tonight, the same one i have every few nights i did my best attempt to capture it. this is one sitting. so not any edits or proofreads. so i doubt how good it will be.


(The Demons and Angles are raging inside me)
Dirt and weeds never felt so safe, creating a cradle for me as my eyes got lost in the stars. The sky gleamed with them, like thousands of bits of glass suspended above my head. The guitars from my head phones summoned the memories I missed, tearing through my neutral emotion. The nostalgic feelings where back, tugging at my heart. Mixing inside me into some odd proportions of happiness and sorrow, if only sorrow didn’t always win in the end. White fuzz streaked across the sky, gently engulfing the moon in its soft caress. It was that time again, time for the demons and angels to rage inside me. No insect or breeze could stir my mind as the war begun. My mind was at war with itself my thoughts where the artillery, exploding with emotions that I could feel all up and down my spine. The demons took their first shots. Placing the doubt in the back of my head, brooding negative questions. Will I ever become somebody? Will I always be alone? No one will ever understand me. The thoughts took their dark twists and turns down dim lit alleys and the hopeless avenues inside my head. The stars looked darker with each thought, the air felt cooler. What’s the point of living? Would anyone care if I was gone? My thoughts toyed with my fragile ties to life, making me toe the edge. Just to see if they could get me to jump off. If I ever had tears, they would have streamed down my face. But tears where for the weak, and I was still pretending to be strong. The dark emotions filled me to the brim as I began to choke. Only an angel could save me now. My phone gently buzzed, a handful of txts, none from the one I wanted to see. Beginning to wonder if she even existed, if she would ever be there to save me. Save me from myself. It’s hard to pick yourself up, when your always the one to knock yourself down. The next set of vocals came over the head phones. The clouds resumed their travels, freeing the moon up to glow again. It was time for the demons to stop their lies. Erecting myself from the dirt I took one last look at all. The sky in its entirety. It held hope, somewhere behind the moon, somewhere mixed in with all those stars, I always found hope if I looked hard enough. My feet danced their way out of the darkness. The soft lights inside the house caressed my troubled soul. The demons where gone, at least until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.... This is how we all feel sometime. Or, at least you and me. I have felt this way for a long time.

    I'm not sure it's fair to say that we all battle with the angels and demons inside of us but I do and I struggle daily and weekly. Especially since I had to stop working with you suddenly.

    Don't let the demons win. keep your head up and keep writing!! You're really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Save me from myself. It’s hard to pick yourself up, when your always the one to knock yourself down."

    Um yeah, about that....

    It's difficult so I try not to knock myself down. Besides, it seems like there are always others who are willing to knock me down.

    ReplyDelete